- Are you registered as an athletic agent in the State of North Carolina?
- Are you a [insert appropriate players association or organization] certified contract advisor?
- Has any players association, sports organization, or other regulator entity ever disciplined you? If so, explain.
- How many contracts have you negotiated over your career?
- How many active players do you currently represent?
- What have you done to advance the careers of your clients on or off the field?
- How many years of experience do you have representing client-athletes?
- How many players do you represent in my position? Are they veterans or rookies?
- How do you deal with the conflict in representing players in the same position?
- How many players are you looking to sign for this draft?
- What is your fee structure?
- What percentage will you charge for representing me? Does that percentage decrease as the amount of contracts you negotiate increases?
- Are you willing to represent me for less than your standard fee?
- What happens to our agreement if I fail to make the team? If I am waived? If I get Injured?
- Has a player ever fired you? If so, who, when, and why?
- Have you ever fired a player? If so, who, when, and why?
- Who do you consider to be your top, current or former, clients? May I contact them as a reference?
Drafts and Free Agencies:
- Where do you believe I will be drafted?
- If I am likely to be a free agent, how can you help maximize my chances of making a team?
- Do you have any connections with the [insert other leagues you are interested in considering]?